Tyler Sister Cities is a non-
Welcome to Tyler Sister Cities!
©2015 Tyler Sister Cities
Website by Cloudburst Designs
Tyler Sister Cities is part of Sister Cities International, a flourishing global network of exchanges through arts and culture, fostering economic and community development.
“Everyone has the power to make a difference.”
Salsa dancing, kimono modeling, even antique shopping are a part of our Tyler Sister Cities activities as we visit our compatriots and learn about cultures in their countries. With activities in Japan, Mexico, Poland, and Costa Rica, Sister Cities encourages Tyler residents to interact face to face with others from a variety of cultures. And, on return visits to Tyler these friends enjoy our city treasures such as the Tyler Rose Garden, the Goodman Museum, The Art Museum, Tyler Junior College, and the University of Texas at Tyler, as well as home visits.
This is an exciting time to be part of Tyler Sister Cities!
• Lasts year, 2017, marked the 25th anniversary of our Sister Cities relationship with Yachiyo City, Japan. Our friends in Yachiyo invited us to visit to mark the special occasion. The trip took place October 24 -
• We are also Sister Cities with San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, and are developing reciprocal activities with them. San Miguel was rated as the No. 1 City in the world by Travel + Leisure! Read more HERE… See pics of our trip, May 2016.
• Sister Cities International celebrates its 60th Anniversary! Read about how it all started…
• Report from Sister Cities International meeting
• With so many exciting events happening between our Sister Cities, it's time for you to join in too! If you would like to be involved or have other questions please contact us.
VISITORS, CELEBRATIONS, AND FUTURE PLANS
TYLER SISTER CITIES NEWS
• Join us on Saturday, April 14 @5:30 -
Free and open to the public. Details…
• Tyler Sister Cities, Tyler Junior College and The University of Texas at Tyler collaborated on a service learning travel study trip to benefit communities in Liberia… Read more
• Tyler and Jelenia Gora participated in a writer’s exchange in the Summer of 2016. Read more…
• The City of Tyler and Tyler Sister Cities hosted our friends from Yachyio City, Japan, during their visit to Tyler on October 15-
Tyler Sister Cities took a trip to Jelenia Gora, Poland in 2015. The experience was wonderful and brought us closer to our friends in Poland…
Check out the Photo Gallery
for highlights of the trip!
Thanks to Mickey Slimp for sharing trip photos.
TYLER SISTER CITY DELEGATION RETURNS FROM JELENIA GORA
Tyler is a city in and the county seat of Smith County, Texas, in the United States. It takes its name from President John Tyler. Tyler's 2014 estimated population is 107,405. Tyler has the nickname "Rose Capital of the World". It gained this name due to the large quantity of rose bushes processed through the area, along with hosting America's largest rose garden.
ASSISTANT LANGUAGE TEACHER
If you would like to be considered for an ALT position , click HERE for more info.
Membership in the Tyler Sister Cities program is open to interested persons who seek to encourage international citizen diplomacy through informal community exchanges, educational, cultural and economic partnerships.
NEW: Now you can pay dues with PayPal!
For more information about
Tyler Sister Cities, please contact:
Tyler Sister Cities
Tyler, TX 75703
|Board of Directors|
|Sister Cities International|
|Tyler Travel Expo|
|Yachiyo Guests 2015|
|Yachiyo City Gallery|
|About the ALT Program|
|November 29 b|
|October 24 c|
|October 24 b|
|October 24 a|
|Jelenia Gora Gallery|